What can I expect after the procedure?
- Usually no external stitches are required and a pad and dressing will be applied which can be removed the next day when having a shower.
- You are advised to take some analgesics such as paracetamol whilst the area is still numb as this helps prevent developing pain after your vasectomy. You should also wear supportive underwear for the next few days.
- Someone should drive you home and an ice pack should be applied to the area over your underwear for 10 – 15 minutes every hour for 4 – 5 hours, to reduce pain and swelling. A further painkiller can be taken 4 hours later.
- You need to restrict your activity and be fairly rested over the first 48 hours. Heavy manual work or sport should be avoided for 7 days.
- Resumption of sexual activity is usually acceptable 48 Hours after the procedure, or when comfortable.....
BUT YOU WILL STILL NEED TO USE ALTERNATIVE FORMS OF CONTRACEPTION UNTIL ADVISED BY YOUR DOCTOR, AS VASECTOMY IS NOT EFFECTIVE STRAIGHT AWAY.
Site by Me.Dee.Yum Design
© 2014 DeeWhyVasectomy